Hello everyone! I know, I know… I pop up saying I should be able to post again soon, and then I disappear for a while. Again. At least this time I have an excellent reason, or rather several reasons. Since October of 2020, I have been working on back to back commissions. YAY!! Even better, they were all baby blankets, and NOT for my own children.
Today, I get to share projects that I have completed. Most of the blankets needed to be gender neutral, the parents did not know the gender of the baby. I was able to do completely different projects for them too.
The first blanket was a pattern called Diagonal by Rose Marie Brooks from a Leisure Arts leaflet titled, “Unique Baby Afghans to Crochet.” I loved working with this pattern and highly recommend the leaflet. I used Bernat Softee Baby Cotton in Jade Frost, Duckling and Aqua Mist. The colors and blocking were picked out by the customer.
This sleep sack was so quick, and so much fun! The first recipient was kind enough to let me share a picture of her little one in it, which makes it so much cuter. The pattern can be found at https://www.yarnspirations.com/bernat-caterpillar-crochet-snuggle-sack/BRC0202-012036M.html. It uses Bernat Blanket Yarn, which I love to work with. I actually ended up having two of these sleep sacks commissioned.
The next two blankets I did were from the same pattern. It was a different pattern by Rose Marie Brooks from the same Leisure Arts leaflet. This one was called Dreamy Squares. I made both of these out of Bernat Softee Baby Cotton. The first used Jade Frost, Duckling, and Feather Gray. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it before I shipped it. The one pictured above used Petal, Soft Plum, and Aqua Mist. I extended the border on it, as the first one felt a little small. The pattern was great, the only downside was having to weave in all of the ends.
This blanket was yet another pattern from Rose Marie Brooks, again from the same leaflet. This one was called Frosty Diamonds. This one challenged me mentally at first, I think I restarted it three times before I was finally able to get it right. There was nothing wrong with the pattern, just with my brain or hook. Hopefully, if I do this one again, it will be much easier. It was made with the Bernat Softee Baby Cotton in Jade Frost (I think I like this yarn!)
Next were my Christmas presents to other people. I wanted a quick, easy project that I could make two of in a very short timespan. Luckily I found this pattern https://www.graceandyarn.com/2019/07/free-crochet-snowman-pattern.html. I just used leftover acrylic yarn and cotton yarn that I had on hand and I loved how they turned out. I did change the hat from the one in the pattern though.
This last one was my biggest challenge. I just wanted a cute lovey bunny, but couldn’t find a pattern that was exactly how I wanted. I piecemealed a few patterns and improvised the rest. I used leftover Bernat Softee Baby Cotton from the baby blankets and was thrilled with it. I probably won’t be making another though, it took a lot of time for as small as it was.
I am very happy that I have been able to be working during my time away, but I do hope I will be able to post again soon!